[SOLVED] Screen goes black and all fans go crazy at random moments during gaming.

Sep 9, 2020
Other than what the title says, i'd just like to say that I am not super computer literate so I probably dont know what I am talking about, but I can provide context.

This is my build:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/K2JL6R

It started at least a month or two back, when I was messing in bios with the ram sticks, since task manager says it was running at 2600mhz or something around there even though I bought a 3200mhz, so I amped up the ram speed and voltage. Ever since the change ive been catching onto this problem since then. I think I restarted the volts and ram speed (not sure) to its default but the problem still lingers.

I have two theories:

Theory 1: I basically killed my ram or memory leaked (something like that?) and need new ones

Theory 2: My PSU is a corsairRM650x, simulating my build with PC partpicker saying that its estimated wattage is way above its half point I have also assume that the psu probably hit a limit and broke a bit after tinkering with the voltage and ram speed. Either way i need a 1000w psu anyways >.>

Last edited:
Solution
Have you checked your power supply? Make sure it's not the power supply because if it is, it'll give you a wide range of problems. If you have a spare working power supply, stick it in. Alternative is checking your PSU via power supply tester. Don't forget to reset your bios via CMOS battery first to make sure it's not the overclocking that's causing a problem.
Sep 9, 2020
It's your CPU that is overheating. Check the CPU temperature and see if it is high or low
Sorry about that, I have updated the post, i accidentally posted a little early. I know the air flow on the case is kinda poor, but the cpu cooler should keep it a good temperature? I also built it Q4 of last year, so the thermal paste should be alright. Either way, I will check that out a few hours later as it is late for me.

Sep 9, 2020
Temps are pretty fine and average during idle and intense use, nothing over 85c. No EZ debug light are on either (in reference of the other threads with the same problem). Pins for the CPU is all on the right place. I am getting 99% alchohol to replace the thermalpaste, but if that doesn't work.. what then?

Last edited:

whateverami

Great
Sep 8, 2020
Temps are pretty fine and average during idle and intense use, nothing over 85c. No EZ debug light are on either (in reference of the other threads with the same problem). Pins for the CPU is all on the right place. I am getting 99% alchohol to replace the thermalpaste, but if that doesn't work.. what then?
Maybe it could be your gpu's driver crashing?

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
Have you checked your power supply? Make sure it's not the power supply because if it is, it'll give you a wide range of problems. If you have a spare working power supply, stick it in. Alternative is checking your PSU via power supply tester. Don't forget to reset your bios via CMOS battery first to make sure it's not the overclocking that's causing a problem.

Solution
Sep 9, 2020
It wouldn't hurt to remove your graphics card driver using Displayer Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and install the latest ones. It may fix the issue.

Ill take this both into consideration and try it out this saturday if i can. Try a few intensive games sunday and monday and see if it crashes or chills