Screen goes black and GPU Fan at 100%

Atique Chowdhury

Reputable
Mar 7, 2015
Hi, I have a gtx 970 evga superclocked acx 2.0 graphics card, but whenever I try to play games the screen goes black after loading and gpu fan noise sounds like a car revving until I manually restart the computer. Does anyone know what the problem might be? This is a brand new card and I have played last two days on it perfectly fine

Solution

I wouldnt believe that the psu would be faulty because Corsair is known to be reliable. Yes it could've been that 24 pin connector...

Atique Chowdhury

Reputable
Mar 7, 2015

I have checked evga precision, crashed around 41 celsius once, cpu monitor showed 50-60. I do have question, oes this have to do with my bronze certified 600w psu? I mean i was having 'anti power surge' on my asus z97-a motherboard but decided to turn it off because motherboard would get scared and turn off the computer. So could it be psu?

Thank you for that bit of information because that is a common problem among the ASUS motherboards. What you want to do is disable the anti-surge feature in the BIOS. You might also need a new PSU. May I ask what PSU you have?

Atique Chowdhury

Reputable
Mar 7, 2015

Yess i turned it off before this post , and my psu is corsair cx 600w bronze. I did open my case up and reconnected the 24 pin on the motherboard, and ran bf4 single player on medium it was okay but i am still a bit suspicious. 600w psu could be faulty?

Atique Chowdhury

Reputable
Mar 7, 2015
Okay so I took my case off and i am not sure whether it was my eyes but it looke like the 24 pin connector was crooked, I fixed it and patched everything up inside and ran unigen heaven, it went through the whole thing without crash whereas before unigen wouldn't even start! Could that be the problem? It seems like it worked but I am not sure!

I wouldnt believe that the psu would be faulty because Corsair is known to be reliable. Yes it could've been that 24 pin connector because the signal may not have traveled due to that. Keep testing it out and if it works, great!

Solution

Atique Chowdhury

Reputable
Mar 7, 2015
Yes it also makes sense because my asus motherboard would warn me constantly on power surge. Although this is a common issue with asus mobo users, for me it seems as if it was actually a real warning! Also tested bf4 twice and unigen engine , no crashes or random screen blackouts as of yet!

Great, glad to hear it! Happy gaming!