[SOLVED] Screen goes black and I hear an error sound when trying to play games on my PC ?

Mar 16, 2021
Hey guys I have been having an issue with my pc for a 2 weeks now. 5 minutes while in to playing a game, my screen will go black and then I instantly hear a windows error. my cpu fan goes nuts as soon as my screen has gone black. the screen doesn't fix itself until I turn my pc off and then on again. I am not sure if I need a new cpu or a new gpu. i have tried seseating both gpu, ram and cmos bettery. nothing is improving it so far. i have no idea what is causing my cpu fan to go crazy as soon as i start playing a game. the CPU temps normally sit around 60-80 when I could play games. out of games, it sits around 60-70. i have replaced my psu 2 times already because i was able to even boot my pc with my gpu installed. i have been able to boot it with my new PSU. but unable to play anything .

Specs
b450m mortar max mobo
geforce gtx 1070
corsair vengeance rgb pro 3200
ryzen 3 3300x
Corsair RM650 650w gold 80
and just 1 120mm fan
I'm using the wraith stealth cooler that came with the cpu.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2021
you didn't mention the PSU? and your temps? most likely one of the two
oh my bad i forgot. its a Corsair RM650 650w 80 gold. and the CPU temps normally sit around 60-80 when i could play games. out of games, it sits around 60-70. i have replaced my psu 2 times twice already because i was [wasn't?] able to even boot my pc with my gpu installed. i have been able to boot it with my new psu. but unable to play anything.