Question Screen goes black and PC shuts down during games of Squad ?

Jan 31, 2021
Recently, I've bought a new pre-build PC.The specs are:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 (24GB)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570 ELITE
RAM: HyperX FURY RGB 32GB (3200MHz)
PSU: Gigabyte GP-P850GM 850W

While playing Squad, my PC screen goes black and after some time shuts down completely. The power from keyboard and mouse is gone, but the GPU fan is still running. Most of the time it happens while loading from one match to another, and my first matches in Squad are usualy fine. I did not notice this problem in any other game yet.
I surfed the internet and most of the people on forums say that it is a PSU related problem. I tried running 2 PCI-E cables to my GPU, and it seemed to help at first, but today I faced the same issue again. If you need extra information, feel free to ask!

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
Nice computer. In my opinion, I’d say that your CPU is getting too hot and therefore shutting down the computer to protect itself. If you can, I would check the thermal paste/heat sink and fan.

That said, I am not a professional. I’d wait until others post to take any action.

D

Deleted member 2720853

Replace the PSU. That is a mediocre PSU that I would not use with this system. I'd use something like a RM850x, Fractal Design ION+ 860P or Seasonic Prime PX850.

Only use Tier A PSUs with this system.