Question screen goes black/blank and gpu fan spins at max speed

koolguy978

Honorable
Dec 16, 2014
i've had my evga rtx 2080ti for a little over a year now. the past couple of months my card has been failing everytime i play games. it either restarts or turns black with gpu fan running at full speed and then i have to restart it. what is the problem here? i've searched online for the same problem,they said that it's bad thermal paste on the gpu. anyone else experienced this problem?

Apr 12, 2020
i've had my evga rtx 2080ti for a little over a year now. the past couple of months my card has been failing everytime i play games. it either restarts or turns black with gpu fan running at full speed and then i have to restart it. what is the problem here? i've searched online for the same problem,they said that it's bad thermal paste on the gpu. anyone else experienced this problem?

This might help!!
I tried everything, Every possible thing such as Changing PSU, Power Cables, Driver Updates, New GPU, Quadros, Titans and 2080Ti, OS Fresh Install, Thermal Compound and 75 others. None of these solved my issue. I decided to burn my PC and Hang myself to death. Right then something crossed. I install the OS in a new drive. I did that and IT WORKED!!. I am yet to check if my old SSD is corrupt but running WIN10 in a new SSD seems to be my solution. I guess no one knows what is the root cause of this problem coz there is no one solution that works for everyone but changing the C: drive solved my issue.