Screen goes black during specific parts of games mainly in the menus.

Nate23jf

Reputable
Dec 8, 2014
The problem is while gaming my screen will go black during specific times in games. The sound still works and the game still responds to keyboard commands.

It is still displaying the games fine 90% of the time but when it runs into certain events the problem occurs. For example during DayZ when I first join a game and am waiting to spawn my screen is completely black I have to press Esc to bring up a menu and see the spawn timer, when I spawn the game works fine apart from when my player turns unconscious their should be another timer or menu but the screen goes completely black.

In Divinity Origin Sin during some of the menus and cut scenes the screen will go black. For example every time I click create profile forcing me to Shift + Tab (with Steam) to find out where my mouse is. Haven't played many other games on my pc because it is new but I tested Skyrim and ran into the same problem when I tried to watch the credits.

I have an Asus VS248h monitor that I think is the problem because when I disable it and play on my second monitor everything runs fine. The problem also goes away when I play in windowed mode.

My Graphics Card is an R9 280 with the lastes drivers installed.

TRENDING THREADS