Screen goes black intermittently.

Feb 4, 2019
Please bare with me as this might be a long one.

My screen started going black then switching on again. I have had my set up for a year an had no issues. If i was watching youtube and it flicked black for 2 seconds the video would be 2 seconds further on when the screen returned. It's as if data stops being transmitted by the HDMI for 2 seconds

I tried different HDMI cables and different HDMI ports on my TV (LG C7) the TV also has no issues with xbox one x.

Soon after my PSU stopped working completely and required replacing (don't know if this is connected or I just have bad luck) I have had my GFX card sent off for repair and was send a refurbished card back. Whilst this was happening my pc ran without issue off the motherboard GFX card (although obviously no more 4k gaming for me)

Had a local professional delete and reinstall drivers and attach GFX card to make sure I didn't make a mistake. He said he didn't notice any issue when he ran a benchmark but the same issue has occurred as soon as I got home.

Sometimes I start the PC and it happens every couple of seconds, sometimes i restart and the black screen happens every 10 min. Also whenever i turn off my tower at the back and then on again i get the load bios blue menu and there is an unusual sound from my new CPU unit whenever the rear tower switch is on. Again I have on idea if these are related

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16274MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

This is my first time posting so sorry If i have missed any important information. Thanks again for reading this long winded fiasco :)

Feb 4, 2019
Was my first thought, especially as the frequency increases when going from desktop to gaming. bought a new psu (however it is making an odd noise). Will try replacing it again as well as it would be my luck to have 2 go on me :)