Question Screen goes black // Monitor or Graphics Card

Apr 30, 2023
Hello. I have a three (3) year old Dynabook Tecra A50-F (Toshiba) running Windows 11 Pro with Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz and 16GB of RAM, and when I have it on for a while the screen will go blank while the computer stays on. I thought it was the external monitor that I was using or the HDMI cord, but after disconnecting it and using the laptop monitor, it still happens. It happens when using different programs and if it happens while watching a video (like YouTube) the sound still works fine, but the display goes black. I ran a program to check everything and it says everything is working fine. To fix it, I have to hold down the power for a hard reboot and then it reboots and works fine again. To me it sounds like it could be the graphics card. Any thoughts? Thanks. James.

Hello. I have a three (3) year old Dynabook Tecra A50-F (Toshiba) running Windows 11 Pro with Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz and 16GB of RAM, and when I have it on for a while the screen will go blank while the computer stays on. I thought it was the external monitor that I was using or the HDMI cord, but after disconnecting it and using the laptop monitor, it still happens. It happens when using different programs and if it happens while watching a video (like YouTube) the sound still works fine, but the display goes black. I ran a program to check everything and it says everything is working fine. To fix it, I have to hold down the power for a hard reboot and then it reboots and works fine again. To me it sounds like it could be the graphics card. Any thoughts? Thanks. James.
The issue with that is you have a apu not gpu. And if the cpu is working and so is the audio I wouldn't think the app would be faulty as it is one with the cpu. Have you tried to run cmd as administrator and command
Sfc /scannow
If this finds issues I would bet more then anything it's a corrupted Windows partition

Apr 30, 2023
The issue with that is you have a apu not gpu. And if the cpu is working and so is the audio I wouldn't think the app would be faulty as it is one with the cpu. Have you tried to run cmd as administrator and command
Sfc /scannow
If this finds issues I would bet more then anything it's a corrupted Windows partition
Yes, it said no integrity violations were found. I even ran Dynabook's program and it also did not find anything.

Is the PC's sleep/hibernate state disabled this could also be what's causing the issue