Question Screen goes black when gaming and comes back on with mouse cursor in center of screen ?

Theekinghumpy

Commendable
Jun 3, 2019
So when I'm gaming on either my desktop or my laptop I get an issue when I'm playing for bit and my monitor or my laptop screen will briefly go black while playing in fullscreen with a xbox controller and come back on but then the mouse cursor appears on screen. Only difference between the laptop and desktop is when it happens on the desktop it goes from 144hz to 60hz but the laptop stays at 360hz.

Lutfij

Titan
What OS are you working on both platforms? You might want to isolate the issue with one device first since trying to solve issues on two devices will only lead to spaghetti brains(for you and the community). For the sake of this thread, which one would you like to resolve? The laptop or the desktop? Once you've chosen the device you'd like to troubleshoot, please mention the specs to the builds. If a laptop, mention the make and model and it's SKU. If a desktop, list the specs like so:

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Theekinghumpy

Commendable
Jun 3, 2019
Let's start with the laptop. It's an alienware m15 r5 with the ryze 9 5900hx and the rtx 3070. 16gb of ram. 1tb for the os and 2tb m.2 for storage. Running window 11 64 bit and is up to date. The screen is 360hz and was told by a friend that I should try and lower the resolution and see if that helps. I have the high performance profile and it happens when it's plugged into the wall.