Question Screen goes black when gaming and requires me to force restart

Oct 11, 2019
I built my own gaming PC a little over two months ago. I have had this problem since I built it. I haven't overclocked anything and I am completely stumped. I should clarify it isn't all games when I play Minecraft or Stardew Valley it runs perfectly fine. However when I play games like Destiny 2 , Overwatch, and League of Legends within 15 minutes the screen goes black and sometimes game crashes and says lost connection to graphics card (or something along those lines--changes depending on the game) or stays black and forces me to restart.

I have updated and rolled back all the drivers I could. I have switched power supply unit's. I have tried using a different GPU and the same problem still occurred. I have tried memory tests to see if my RAM was broken but everything showed up perfectly normal.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x42
MotherBoard: ASRock B450 ATX AM4
RAM: Team Group VULCAN DDR4 8GBx2
GPU: AMD Radeon RX580
PSU: Corsair CX750

don't have the exact specs right now but once I get to my PC will edit

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019
See if you cant download the newest directX executables using the dxdiag program. If that fails look for BIOS updates
So I tried all of that and updated my BIOS to the most recent update and the same problem is still happening. But now that I'm at my computer the error code that is popping up says "graphics runtime detected a crash or loss of device". I don't know if that helps in any way