[SOLVED] Screen goes black when not plugged in? Lenovo Yoga-141sk.

Sep 16, 2019
I have the lenovo yoga-141sk and whenever i remove the power cable the screen goes black (when it's just working on battery) i originally thought this was a battery issue so bought a new battery from ebay, and i still have the same issue? the battery indicator when the power is on is at 100%, un plug it...BLACK! (well not entirely, as when you look at the screen from a very close angle you can just about make out that it is indeed on, especially if there is a white tab open with black text, it's so faint you wouldn't even know without the very very close inspection) i've tried all power setting/brightness etc?? any Ideas guys?
P.s there is no warranty.
P.p.s if this is in the wrong forum, could you tell me which one is most relevant?

Solution
Plug the laptop in so you can see the screen
Bring up Power Options
Select the "Change Plan Settings" link for whichever plan is the selected plan (It has the Dot filled in)

Now on this screen you will see Two columns, One for 'On Battery' and one for 'Plugged In'
at the bottom of the 'On battery' column is the slider that sets the default brightness - slide it to the right to make it brighter . I would set it in the same spot that 'plugged in ' is at just to make sure it works.
Click Save.
Unplug the power cord to test your new setting.

popatim

Titan
Bring up Power Options
Select the "Change Plan Settings" link for whichever plan is the selected plan (It has the Dot filled in)

Now on this screen you will see Two columns, One for 'On Battery' and one for 'Plugged In'
at the bottom of the 'On battery' column is the slider that sets the default brightness - slide it to the right to make it brighter . I would set it in the same spot that 'plugged in ' is at just to make sure it works.
Click Save.

Solution
Sep 16, 2019
Bring up Power Options

Click Save.
Hi thanks for trying, but i goto power options the default option is balanced (with the dot) i click on 'change plan settings' and there are now 2 options on battery on the left and plugged in on the right...there are no slider options? (the only slider option was on the screen before) just 2 drop down box's that go from 1 min to never...Again no slider (i tried the slider on the previous page but it made no difference, it still goes to black with no power plug in? (there is a change advanced power settings though but i can't see anything doing much in there) have you done this yourself?? i'm not sure if it has changed?