• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!
Jun 16, 2020
Hey all, I’ve just recently built a new pc (first build) and I’m running into problems. Initially I thought I was only having this problem while playing Risk of Rain 2 but recently I was playing Valorant and it happened. My monitor goes black mid game and I get the “No signal from Display Port” message. I can still hear all of the audio coming from the game and the other applications I have opened. I have not tried the reset drivers shortcut on Windows, next time I will. My temperatures are fine on both my CPU and GPU whilst gaming. I have been running the “Heaven” benchmark test for quite some time now and the pc has yet to black screen.

I have already tried using DDU to uninstall drivers and revert to an older NVIDIA Driver but the problem still persisted.

My build is as follows:
16GB Ram (G Skillz 2x 8GB)
x570 MSI Unify MoBo
Corsair RM650x PSU
MSI Super Ventus RTX 2070 Super GPU
1TB WD BLUE HDD
500GB Corsair MP600 500GB NVMe2 SSD
Ryzen 3700x CPU

I have 3 case fans and the stock AMD Wraith CPU cooler.

I can post any other screenshots of specs or whatever anyone might need on request. If I need to download some programs to see what is causing the crashes I am open to that too. I’m pretty technologically adept but I don’t know who to turn to with this problem. I really don’t see it being a hardware problem but who knows, maybe I’m wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone. P.S. I know this is a tired topic but none of the googling I’ve been doing has helped me. I need community help, I apologize in advance. Posted here because I’m guessing it’s a problem with my GPU and the software it’s interacting with?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS