[SOLVED] Screen goes Black while playing games, but audio still plays

Sep 26, 2021
To start this im sorry if it was allready asked and solve, but I could not find anyone with the same issue as me.

So this started happening a while ago, I im casually playing some game on my computer, then suddenly both my screens go black, I hear my GPU's (Radeon RX 580) fans turn to full speed, I can still hear both the game and discord, and can even speak with my friends while the computer is in this state, after around 30 seconds I stop hearing sound and I have to force shut down the computer.
At first I tought it would be the card overheating, since when it happens the fans get faster; I checked the temps and the card never goes over 64 celsius, even then I tried keeping the computer at a lower temperature but it didnt help.
Tried getting rid of old drivers and instal new ones, also tried downgrading drivers to more stable versions, none of that helped either.
Some friends say that it could be CPU, about that im not sure, its a pretty new CPU has less than a year of use, and it stays under 50 celsius, so I dont think its CPU overheating.
Today I dicide to try my old nvidea 1050 (Not damaged or anything simply didnt have enough power for what I wanted) I slot in the card, get new drivers, and the problem is seemingly fixed, I could play without it crashing.
Both cards have around 2 full years of use.
What could be the issue here? Is the card damaged? Would need to get a new one? Can it be fixed?
If you have any idea of how to help I would apreciate it.

Not sure if it would be relevant but here are the specs of my PC:

GPU:Radeon RX 580 / Nvidea GTX 1050(Previous Card)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Ram: 16GB(2x16) G,skill AEGIS
Motherboard: Asus Prime b450 Plus

Sep 26, 2021
To start this im sorry if it was allready asked and solve, but I could not find anyone with the same issue as me.

So this started happening a while ago, I im casually playing some game on my computer, then suddenly both my screens go black, I hear my GPU's (Radeon RX 580) fans turn to full speed, I can still hear both the game and discord, and can even speak with my friends while the computer is in this state, after around 30 seconds I stop hearing sound and I have to force shut down the computer.
At first I tought it would be the card overheating, since when it happens the fans get faster; I checked the temps and the card never goes over 64 celsius, even then I tried keeping the computer at a lower temperature but it didnt help.
Tried getting rid of old drivers and instal new ones, also tried downgrading drivers to more stable versions, none of that helped either.
Some friends say that it could be CPU, about that im not sure, its a pretty new CPU has less than a year of use, and it stays under 50 celsius, so I dont think its CPU overheating.
Today I dicide to try my old nvidea 1050 (Not damaged or anything simply didnt have enough power for what I wanted) I slot in the card, get new drivers, and the problem is seemingly fixed, I could play without it crashing.
Both cards have around 2 full years of use.
What could be the issue here? Is the card damaged? Would need to get a new one? Can it be fixed?
If you have any idea of how to help I would apreciate it.

Not sure if it would be relevant but here are the specs of my PC:

GPU:Radeon RX 580 / Nvidea GTX 1050(Previous Card)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Ram: 16GB(2x16) G,skill AEGIS
Motherboard: Asus Prime b450 Plus
I have had the same issue before, also switched from a GTX 1050 to an RX 580. I solved it by upgrading my PSU from 500w to 650w. While 500w should still be fine your PSU might not supply peak wattage anymore due to it being old(as was the case with me).

TRENDING THREADS