Screen goes blank during driver installation and doesnt come back, no signal displayed on TV

Kogikashakunin

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015
Then when I restart the pc the windows logo comes on and it loads to a blank screen again with no signal detected showing on my TV.

With my old Gtx 660s this problem occurred when a few months back I updated my driver. My solution then was to re install windows and use the old driver again. yesterday I bought 2 new GTX 970s installed these and installed the latest NVidia driver and voila same thing happened again. Problem is I cannot use age old drivers with these new cards. I have tried several versions of the 970 drivers and non of them work.

I have tried turning off windows update. Removing network cable during install. Installed with and without G-force Bad-experience. Turned UEFI boot on and off. Updating motherboard BIOS. Nothing helps.

use a Samsung UHD TV as my display.

system

Intel 3930k
ASUS p9x79pro
16 GB Ram
Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming

I have been using just the one card in case SLI was the issue. This has not helped.

scott28280

Reputable
Jul 12, 2014
First thing that stands out here is that you are using a TV, generally PC's aren't natively set to work on TV's unless you are using HDMI, if you are using HDMI make sure the HDMI cable isn't a faulty cable, it's also a good idea to switch ends so that the side plugged into the TV is in the PC instead, or alternatively try a different lead and be sure no other leads, HDMI, VGA or DVI are connected, if that doesn't work then try connecting using VGA/DVI instead.

Vipex1

Reputable
Feb 2, 2015
@scott28280, OP is using a gtx 970 and a samsung uhd, of course he is using HDMI, but you are right to suggest using the DVI or Display Ports to see if it's the HMDI port or a handshake issue with the tv.

I have the same problem man, with a gtx 980. I do note that a lot of people with this issue have samsung tv's (especially the 4K ones), just a theory though.
I had it working fine for months but now the no signal problem. I too have tried all the usual updates/roll backs, different cables the lot. I'm leaning towards dead gpu but so many other people with this issue.

Vipex1

Reputable
Feb 2, 2015
To cut a long story short it was the refresh rate.
The driver selects the native resolution at 60hz as soon as it installed.
My tv supposedly supports 60hz but would only work when I plugged in another monitor and turned the tv down to 30hz.