Question Screen going black every couple of minutes - ASUS VG258Q gaming monitor

dme102

Reputable
Mar 9, 2016
I just got an ASUS VG258Q gaming monitor and have set it to 144hz for gaming.

This monitor is one of the Freesync monitors that is approved by Nvidia to run G-sync as well (why I bought it) and I have enabled G-Sync in Nvidia control panel.

The problem is that every minute or two, the screen goes completely black for about 3-5 seconds, then comes back on again. This is happening both while playing games and while just using Windows. It's as if the monitor is switching off. I can still move around in the game (or in Windows) but there is no signal to the monitor.

All my graphics card and system drivers are up to date. The monitor apparently has no drivers.

I'm connecting from my laptop using a mini display port to display port adapter. I have the 144hz setting turned on in my advanced display settings.

My system is an Aero 15 laptop with a GTX 1060 card.

How can I fix this issue? Thanks.

Jun 7, 2019
So i have an similar problem with my asus vg255h 75hz gaming monitor which is hooked up to my gaming pc. But every time there comes up a big enough area of dark or black image with like small text on it or if you are watching like an horror game, my screen goes black. Well not completely, it shows just in very very dim the stuff on the monitor and i think its about some like power saving mode but my pc has power saving off so i think its the monitor. Can someone help please!?!!