[SOLVED] Screen going black, then games stop responding

Apr 7, 2020
Hello, I recently put together a computer and it is having some problems, Sometimes when running games, the screen will go black and then the game will stop responding and I have to use task manager to force stop it.
Some of the games that crash regularly are Minecraft, and Runescape. Starcraft2 has also crashed.
The games can be played for a random amount of time before it happens, I have had it happen within 30 seconds of launching the game, but also been able to play for 5 hours straight.

The computer specs are:
Asus rog strix b450-f gaming
Amd Ryzen 5 1600
Radeon rx580 sapphire pulse 8gb
G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
Masterwatt 550 watt
Western Digital Blue 500gb SSD

I noticed in the Radeon software that the gpu was spiking for no reason while idle. Heres an image

Last edited:
Solution
Does resetting windows work aswell, as I just did a reset and it still happened just afterwards.

You can try downloading the Win 10 Media Creation Tool from Microsoft and make a bootable USB Flash Drive. Then, you can boot from the USB Drive, format the hard drive and reinstall Windows 10.
Apr 7, 2020
You can try downloading the Win 10 Media Creation Tool from Microsoft and make a bootable USB Flash Drive. Then, you can boot from the USB Drive, format the hard drive and reinstall Windows 10.
I feel like it was worse right after resetting windows aswell, the screen was going black without a game running, which it had not done before. I guess I will try fully reinstalling.

Edit:
I noticed in the Radeon software that the gpu was spiking for no reason while idle. Heres an image

Last edited: