Question Screen going blank

TigerJonny

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2015
Started having an issue with my pc where my main screen goes blank and freezes. My second screen is still showing, but can't do anything at all. Pc doesn't shut down at all, only happens when I've been playing games for a few hours. It just does it randomly with no warning during a game

Anyone have any ideas what it could be. Thanks

TigerJonny

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2015
No I haven't check my bios.

Gigabyte Z97x-gaming 7 motherboard
Intel i7-4790k
Coolmaster hyper Red CPU Air cooler
Corsair Vengeance Pro series 24gb
Radeon RX 5500 XT 8gb
EVGA Supernova Gold 850w

Nephern

Prominent
Sep 20, 2022
do you have another working system?

if so then go onto your mobo manufacturer/ merchant and find the bios tab and find the latest bios save and copy to an usb thumb drive

then plug it into the computer and access bios and find boot order and select update bios from thumb drive

in your case it will be in Q-Flash.

TigerJonny

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2015
did you try to seitch main monitor with secondary one also what is the temp you have in system on gpu under load and idle made sure the driver are the latest one for it .
Nope didn't work it just done it again.

Seitch?

My gpu temp is below 45 C. Noticed when I load up a game that the gpu load goes up to 98%.

TigerJonny

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2015
Did that removed all the overlays for Amd. Loaded up my game again, but it still goes up to 98 - 99%. I even went into the game graphics settings, and they are set to medium. So that only just takes up just over 2gb

I'll just have to see if everything crashes again tonight when I'm playing

TigerJonny

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2015
Have you tried a clean gpu driver reinstallation?
If that doesn't solve the issue, I would also set your power settings to High Performance.
It could be a power related issue.
Yeah I reinstalled the drivers and I set the power options to high performance.
Also took the side panel off my Tower, should of really done that before to let the heat from my gpu escape. Might have to customise and put a fan on or fit a vertical gpu mount.

So far it hasn't done it again