[SOLVED] Screen gone when installing BIOS with Sapphire Nitro R7 370 mod

AceTeq

Commendable
Sep 6, 2021
My friend had a Sapphire Nitro R7 370 with chip issue. I fixed this with the heating method I saw on YouTube, but I wanted to lower voltage because the video card got a little too hot. I edited the vBIOS and got a "FAIL" error while loading, the screen went away and never came back, any idea how I can fix this?

This is the card.

Thanks.

Solution
2 options.
Go into bios with the monitor connected to the motherboards ports to try to get display .
Set integrated as first display option. Save and exit. Then boot to windows and reflash.
Or install another video card and connect monitor to it for display and reflash bios.

Lutfij

Titan
You mean you did a reflow on the GPU's chip? I think that should've been the last of the things to do on that GPU, apart from using higher quality thermal paste and pads to cool that graphics card. I think editing the VBIOS is what caused the GPU to brick.

Make and model of the PSU used in the build as well as the age of the unit?

2 options.
Go into bios with the monitor connected to the motherboards ports to try to get display .
Set integrated as first display option. Save and exit. Then boot to windows and reflash.
Or install another video card and connect monitor to it for display and reflash bios.

Solution

AceTeq

Commendable
Sep 6, 2021
You mean you did a reflow on the GPU's chip? I think that should've been the last of the things to do on that GPU, apart from using higher quality thermal paste and pads to cool that graphics card. I think editing the VBIOS is what caused the GPU to brick.

Make and model of the PSU used in the build as well as the age of the unit?
CV550 - 550 Watt 80 Plus
R3 1200 - 12 Nm
B450M-S2H
8 GB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM
120 GB SSPC A50
500 GB Samsung HDD

AceTeq

Commendable
Sep 6, 2021
2 options.
Is there a way to recover the R7 370 board? Currently 750 Ti is installed.