Question Screen is black/"out of range" until Windows loads up (RX 5600 XT)

michaeltbb8

Honorable
Sep 23, 2017
I upgraded to a RX 5600 XT graphics card, with the exact model being the SAPPHIRE PULSE RADEON RX 5600 XT BE 6G GDDR6 DUAL HDMI / DUAL DP OC W/BP (UEFI) LITE. The problem with it is that when I turn my computer on, it says "Out of range" and I cannot see the motherboard logo and I cannot access the bios. When Windows loads up though, I can see the screen and Windows works as it should. This is a problem for me because I want to be able to access my bios, but I cannot do that, I can only access windows.

I have done some troubleshooting which I will explain. When I first installed the graphics card, it would not even display Windows, my monitor was black and would say "Out of range". I decided to test my graphics card on my brother's computer, so I took his out and installed mine and his computer didn't display an image either, mind you it did before with his graphics card installed and also note that I am using a different monitor and hdmi cable so the possibility of mine not being compatible with the graphics card is ruled out. After this, I took his graphics card and installed it into my computer, and my computer booted up fine. This clearly indicates that there is a problem with the new graphics card that I received as my computer works fine with other graphics cards and my brothers computer, which was working fine before, did not work with this new graphics card. Furthermore, I decided to install the graphics card drivers for my new graphics card in Windows to see if it would make a difference. After I did that, I removed my brother's graphics card and installed mine. When I turned on the computer, it said "Out of range" but after about 15 seconds, it displayed the Windows lock screen. Initially I was happy because I thought my issue was fixed but then I realized that the screen only turned on when Windows loaded up. I restarted my computer to see if it would do the same thing and surely enough, the screen said "Out of range" until Windows was loaded up. I also restarted the computer another time to try and access the bios of the motherboard but that didn't work as it said "Out of range", even after waiting 5 minutes, so I had to turn off my computer with the power button.

To sum this up, is there any way that my graphics card can be fixed to display the motherboard interface or is the card defective? I hope you guys can help me out, if you need more information, please ask, thank you.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (AE)
Motherboard: GA-AB350M-DS3H (rev. 1.x)
Storage: WD Blue SN550 500GB NVMe Internal SSD (for the OS), WD Blue 1TB PC Hard Drive - 7200 RPM Class, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache
Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE PULSE RADEON RX 5600 XT BE 6G GDDR6 DUAL HDMI / DUAL DP OC W/BP (UEFI) LITE
Power Supply: Gigabyte 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Power Supply GP-P650B
RAM: x2 G.SKILL F4-2400C15S-8GIS Aegis Series 8GB (16GB total)

Aug 28, 2020
I have the same issue. I've been told it's because my monitor is only 75hz but the card is wanting to use 144hz until Windows tells it to do otherwise. I haven't found a solution yet :(.

michaeltbb8

Honorable
Sep 23, 2017
I have the same issue. I've been told it's because my monitor is only 75hz but the card is wanting to use 144hz until Windows tells it to do otherwise. I haven't found a solution yet :(.
That's interesting, how did you manage to find that out? I really think you should tell Saphhire because I was talking to their support and they could not fix it. They said it was defective, so I got a replacement and of course it still has the exact same issue so I complained to them again and they still had the nerve to tell me that it was defective and I should get another replacement. Please report this issue to them, and it would be even better if you also had proof, but if not, that's okay.