[SOLVED] Screen is black until windows starts - no bios

Jul 1, 2020
I have built a new PC. The problem is that I can't get into the bios unless I overclock the ram memory to something I know for sure it will crash and then after few restarts which the PC does automatically, it will show that the bios has been reset due to an issue and if I want to enter the bios.

What I have done: while the bios was running, I made sure the fast boost is disabled (was already disabled)
I disabled the integrated GPU
I tried all the display ports (3) my GPU has, I tried a HDMI cable from the GPU to the monitor and I tried to plug in the HDMI into the IGPU too (before I disabled it and even after...was desperate, so worth a try)

I would very much to be able to enter the bios because I suspect that my ram memory has an issue too (random restarts, more frequently if I let it on the advertised xmp profile for 4400 mhz cl19), I set it to 4266 mhz and the restarts are less frequent.

What else can I try?

Specs:
z490 aorus elite ac
32 gb ram 4400 mhz cl19 patriot viper
1080ti g1 gaming gigabyte
850 w corsair psu
monitor is an lg 3440*1440 @160 hz

Solution
I solved it, it was the ram at fault.
Turns out Patriot was a little bit sneaky and 4400 mhz isn't really supported, or at least a gamble. I downclocked it to 3800 mhz cl15 and it's been running great + i can see the bios screen everytime.
Jul 1, 2020
I solved it, it was the ram at fault.
Turns out Patriot was a little bit sneaky and 4400 mhz isn't really supported, or at least a gamble. I downclocked it to 3800 mhz cl15 and it's been running great + i can see the bios screen everytime.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS