[SOLVED] Screen lag, but not the usual

konjgl

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2014
So first off i know my way around a PC so i think its not some obvious issue

I got like a month ago lag on my screen, in games and out of game. For ex. watching youtube and whole screen freezes(1-2 sec) but i hear audio and in games sometimes for no reason and sometimes
when some explosion happens. For ex. in league of legends where i should def not lag but every so often i get that freeze

So a freeze/lag where my screen freezes but like the action in the background is still happening. - this should be key but i don't know

specs: evga 2060
corsair tx 550
16gb ram
500gb ssd and 2tb hard
ryzen 5 3600
mbo: asrock b550 pro4
monitor: aoc 24g2u

Just occurred to me that i could test with other monitor.
If anyone has ideas please do and thanks in advance

Solution

I got like a month ago lag on my screen, in games and out of game. For ex. watching youtube and whole screen freezes(1-2 sec) but i hear audio and in games sometimes for no reason and sometimes
when some explosion happens. For ex. in league of legends where i should def not lag but every so often i get that freeze

So a freeze/lag where my screen freezes but like the action in the background is still happening. - this should be key but i don't know

corsair tx 550
16gb ram
500gb ssd and 2tb hard
ryzen 5 3600

If anyone has ideas please do...

corsair tx 550
16gb ram
500gb ssd and 2tb hard
ryzen 5 3600

If anyone has ideas please do and thanks in advance
Try this step by step (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors in system device on device manager (should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png

• Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings, then save and exit

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, reboot, and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 if you use 2 sticks. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Enable hardware accelerated graphics scheduling (available in the latest windows update) in graphics settings and reboot, it should be like this:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Solution