Screen loses signal but PC stays on

Maulss

Commendable
Mar 13, 2016
I've snooped around for answers to this problem but they were usually aimed at specific PC parts, but personally I don't know what causes this.

The problem is that my monitor (and sound via speakers) loses connection with the PC but the PC remains running. The gfx card's fans still spin though. I've tried updating native drivers, restoring PC to a state it was in 4 days ago, and even reinstalling the OS. At first I thought it was the GPU's fault, but since the sound also disappears (and at one point keyboard also turned off) I figured maybe it's the motherboard's fault, since it can't be the PSU as enough wattage is supplied.

Another thing, this occurs quite randomly so I'm not exactly sure how the crashes happen. It started off with the PC casually restarting by itself with no warning while playing games, and now it can either reboot itself (and get stuck sometimes) or just lose connection with the monitor even if idle.

Specs:

Windows 10
EVGA GeForce GTX 770 (overclocked when I bought it)
ASRock Extreme4 z87
Intel i7-4770k (customly overclocked)
Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x4GB
Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212
Corsair CX850M

Anything else you want me to add let me know.

Lutfij

Titan
1| Is this installation of Windows 10 based off a licence key or the free upgrade path?
2| Have you made sure your BIOS and remaining device drivers up to date? You might want to go through this tutorial and reinstall your GPU drivers using the latest from Nvidia. Likewise you may want to revert to a prior most stable driver version if the latest drivers have been causing the issue.
3| You should disable automatic device driver updates prior to any driver installation and reinstallation though.

Repair install can take care of any underlying OS file corruptions.