Screen loses signal, mouse and keyboard turn off while gaming, forced restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrShea

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017
OK so i had this problem before and everyone smart with computers told me it was my GPU which was a RX-460. So $500 later turns out that was not the problem at all. Now im out $500 i didnt need to spend.
It only happens when im gaming. Nothing is even close to over heating. No the cpu, gpu, mobo, not even the case. the hottest it gets is around 66 at full synthetic load of both cpu and gpu at the same time. I believe it has to do with windows 10 software because ive tried everything else. All drivers updated for everything. its not my cpu overclock cause the computer stays on when it happens. all fans keep spinning, hard drives keep working, but the screen, keyboard, and mouse lose connection, which forces me to restart the computer manually.
Anyone have any idea what this could be?

Computer specs;
Ryzen 1200 @ 3.8
16gb @ 2666 ram
RX 580
MSI B350M Gaming Pro mobo
hard drives
some weird ass case with lost of flow with 4 fans.
600 watt bronze power supply

Solution
in hwinfo you can set it to log the sensors. When you open it, click sensors only and run, then the 3rd button from the right at bottom should say logging start. I think you then get to name the log file and it will record the scores until PC stops working.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what brand is the PSU?

It could be a power issue as if PC is using all its power to run the GPU and other things in game, it might not have enough to run signal to screen as well. Same applies to USB devices

Its just a guess based on your symptoms. Need to test it before i tell you to spend more money.

You might want to run HWINFO and log the measurements recorded by sensors on motherboard

MrShea

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017
With my total setup i would need around 430 watt power supply so i dont know if its a power issue. I downloaded the HWINFO but it does not help, when the computer black screens it loses all its info and doesnt keep any reports for me to read. I cant even make it through a full game of matchmaking in csgo without it black screening now. But when it happens the LED name of the graphics card flashes oddly, mayby to tell me its the card that has malfunctioned? should i unlock its voltage to allow more power to get to it maybe?

Colif

Win 11 Master
in hwinfo you can set it to log the sensors. When you open it, click sensors only and run, then the 3rd button from the right at bottom should say logging start. I think you then get to name the log file and it will record the scores until PC stops working.

Solution

MrShea

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017
Can you recommencement a program to read the saved files please? i have open office and word pad and notepad and all i get its millions of numbers, like the language of Bender from futurama, or i get stuff like this "Date,Time,"Virtual Memory Commited [MB]","Virtual Memory Available [MB]","Virtual Memory Load [%]","Physical Memory Used [MB]","Physical Memory Available [MB]","Physical Memory Load " but with no measurements.

MrShea

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017
The reason i believe the computer still works after the black screen is because the computer stays on. the hard drives keep spinning, the cpu keep making a little noise, the mobo still lights up with its LED's, the fans LEDs all stay on as well. just the screen mouse and keyboard turn off.

MrShea

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017

All the fans keep spinning, the cpu keeps spinning, the mobo stays lit up, only the GPU turns off.

MrShea

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017

What can read the document that it saves to? i cant seem to find anything that works, just scrambled matrix shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.