Question Screen Mirroring between to LAN PC's without using wifi or external sites

AJAshinoff

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
I have a pretty extensive MAN, Metropolitan Area Network, fairly new Win 10 systems across both campus's and about a dozen Windows 2019 servers for various roles. In infrastructure, which today is deemed fabric, is very solid, consisting of fiber and CAT7 copper.

I have a need to share a powerpoint presentation running on one windows 10 domain client system to the monitor on a second domain client system running windows 10.

Considerin the tech I have at my disposal, I do not want to use miracast, wifi or the web to accomplish something that used to be fairly easy (IP to IP) back when I was more of a gamer. Unfortunatey when I search online all I get is wifi and miracast.

The host system broadcasts. The client system has no more access to the host except to retrieve it's stream and present it. Two authenticated domain systems with unique IP addresses should be able to do this.

If anyone has a solution, free or inexpensive preferred, please let me know.

AJAshinoff

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
I will apologize up front as I apparently have very little understanding of a situation in which it seems a USB stick would easily solve. Is this just for cool points/cause you can, or some genuine need to do it this specific way?

No worries. As mentioned, my systems have a common IP scheme and are authenticated. WIFI is in both areas, each system has WIFI already built in, but our WIFI, which has its own IP scheme independant of the network, is reserved for other uses. I should not need to and don't particularly care for being limited in how to approach this by a vendor. Yes, I could do this as microsoft promotes and use WIFI, but why? I already have secure, reliable and isolated connectivity. Why add a variable?

I find it difficult, but hardly surprising, that microsoft, instead providing tools that I can use as I need, are instead insisting on how I approach a problem and unnecessarily inserting themselves into a circumstance which they don't need to belong. Example, why must the new Powerpoint use Onedrive when I already have a network share without going online?

I'll eventually find a proper solution without wifi, xbox, etc. I'd hoped to reduce the amount of time spent looking by asking here. I had figured gamers would have some ideas.

Reactions: punkncat