Screen not detected during Windows 10 install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle Barajas

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015
I started my Windows 10 install and everything was fine until I got to about 40% when it started installing drivers. Then the screen went black. When i turn it off and back on it says 'no input signal'. I'm not sure where the computer is on the install since i can't see it.. But the screen has been black for 40 minutes now. Hoping someone can help me out!
The monitor is an hp w2007 dvi input (the only monitor i have). And here are the specs for my computer if needed:
Edit : copy and paste didn't work on my phone, specs are..
Desktop PC Pavilion 500-189
A10-Series APU A10-6800K (4.10GHz)
AMD Radeon HD 8570 2GB
10GB 1TB HDD
Windows 8.1 64-bit

Solution
After waiting for over an hour of the screen not working (to make sure the install had enough time to finish) I shut the computer down manually. I hooked up my TV via HDMI and then booted the computer. I was able to go through the finishing options of the install through my TV and then the monitor sprang back to life after it was complete.
Hope this helps someone with the same issue!

Michelle Barajas

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015
After waiting for over an hour of the screen not working (to make sure the install had enough time to finish) I shut the computer down manually. I hooked up my TV via HDMI and then booted the computer. I was able to go through the finishing options of the install through my TV and then the monitor sprang back to life after it was complete.
Hope this helps someone with the same issue!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.