Question Screen occasionally blinking to black, related to refresh rate?

Jan 4, 2020
Hi all, I have had a Samsung U28E850 for a few years now and it has been working great until a few months ago.

Recently however I have been having an issue in which the screen will blink from normal to black (for approx 3/4 seconds) and back to normal again every 20/30 minutes. I suspect it may be something to do with the refresh rate on the screen, as now in "Advanced display settings" it is being displayed as 59Hz rather than 60Hz. No matter what I do I have been unable to change this refresh rate to 60Hz despite it being an option. When i click "apply" on 60Hz, nothing happens and the Information tab still displays the refresh rate at 59Hz.

It is a 3840x2160 60hz screen and I am running it through a display port. I have a NVIDIA 1080Ti and am on Windows 10. I have tried an alternative DP cable and the problem has persisted. I have ensured that all drivers are up to date.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
We will need a little more information. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. Use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and reinstall the latest drivers you find off of Nvidia's support site.

corrashton

Reputable
Feb 16, 2018
Hi,

I have a similar issue as Heggers. I recently got an asus Strix 3070, however I'm getting a replacement card. I thought this one was faulty. My monitors were blinking black for less than a second. Sometimes it was just one monitor and other times it was both. The rate at which they blink can differ, sometimes it's every 10 seconds, other times it's every hour or so. I used DUU to fully uninstall my graphics drivers then I reinstalled. The issue persisted. After I had already ordered the replacement, I realized my monitors kept setting to 59.24Hz. I would switch the refresh rate to 60Hz and it would temporarily fix the issue. The issue would start again and I would see that the aspect ratio had changed from 4k to 1080p which also changed the refresh rate back to 59Hz. This is an ongoing issue and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 27" 4k Dell monitor 60 Hz and a 24" 1080p Benq monitor that is 144Hz but I have ti use 60Hz because the 3070 doesn't have a dvi port.

These are my specs:

I9 9900k
16Gb coraiar vengeance RGB
I have 3 ssds and a hard drive with my c drive being a 1tb WD name m.2
650W corsair rm650

I also have many lighting and peripheral softwares. I was wondering if that may affect any issue.

Corsair ICUE
Asus Armoury Crate
Logitech (g900 software)
Focusrite Scarlett solo 3 software
GeForce experience