Screen randomly goes black for 2 seconds then comes back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2018
This problem has been bugging me for days.
I bought a new computer.
Every once in a while my screen goes entirely black for a few seconds then it comes back to normal.
The issue seems unrelated to temperature or load. It happens even when I'm just casually surfing the web.
The issue persists even after I removed all display drivers (I used DDU and then removed the default windows display driver from device manager).
It keeps happening in safe mode too.

My graphics card is probably not faulty because it can handle heavy applications. It runs games at a solid fps rate, some of them even on 4K. It also has a 11,800 score in furmark, which as I understand is very good.

So basically we have a GPU that is very powerful, but the screen still goes black once in a while, with seemingly no relation to system temperature and/or load, even during casual use.

I think it can't be a driver issue since it still happens after I remove the Nvidia and windows display drivers?

My screen can't be faulty. It worked perfectly on my last computer even 1 day before I replaced the computer.

An important thing to mention is that I always used this screen in VGA connection.
My new computer does not have a VGA port, so I'm using the screen in DVI for the first time.
The DVI cable is a newly bought one.

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the cable.
It doesn't fix the problem.

This issue is killing me. Please help.

Update: Wanted to add that I'm running a clean installation of windows 10 pro on a new SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS