Question Screen randomly goes black for few seconds at random

Feb 18, 2019
Literally just started happening this year.
So, I got a 32" 1080p LED Smart TV, and decided to use it as a computer screen as well as for otherthings. Got it for Christmas and it worked fine... until after New Year's. Then it would, at random, start to go black for seemingly no reason.

Here are the circumstances:
-Only happens when I am on the internet browsing, never when I play games.
-The screen and sound will completely cut out for 2 to 5 seconds, before coming back on like nothing happened.
-The screen does not register being unconnected from my PC, and it does not turn off.
-I can still type and operate my mouse on my computer when it is blacked out.
-I do use an HDMI cable, but have changed it and still have the issues.
-I have been through 3 screens, a Vizio, a Samsung, and a TCL, first and last had the issue, Samsung had poor quality. Vizio went longest, more than a week, before issue came about.
-It tends to happen later in the day, usually after 5 pm.
-The frequency at which it occurs (anywhere from 5 times within 1 or 2 minutes, to only twice 2 hours apart), specific time it starts, and number of times a day it occurs is random. Also can occur when a very specific, yet random, video plays, and only at very specific points in the video, when it otherwise never did nor does it the rest of the day.
-Computer does not increase nor decrease performance, as fans do not throttle up nor down.
-I have cleaned the computer of dust, with no change.

Info about me and the issue:
-I tend to turn my computer on at 7 am, and only turn it off before I go to bed around 12:30 am.
-Screen stays on about as long, as I never really turn it off except in the same circumstances.
-I have researched this and tried several other solutions, and none have fully fixed the issue.
-I have had this computer since mid-2016.

My setup is as follows:
-Intel Core i7-6700k (not overclocked) with Corsair H110i GTX liquid cooling system.
-EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 ti (not overclocked)
-16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 2133 DDR4
-Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 6
-Corsair RM850
-Windows 10 Home 64-bit, OEM DVD

Open to suggestions, will try and report back with results in future edits stating which suggestion has been tried, how long it worked, and overall/final results.

TRENDING THREADS