[SOLVED] Screen randomly going black on desktop.

berseker_96

Honorable
Nov 18, 2018
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: Rx 580
Motherb: MSI B450M PRO-M2
Ram: Kingston 8gb DDR4 Single Channel
1 Tera HDD, 500gb SSD
PSU: Corsair VS550

For the last couple of weeks my screen (LG 32 television) is going black to tenths after recover signal. The computer does not crash neither I receive any message of an error (pc never freezes, no blue screen,..), and it happens whenever, using Chrome, gaming, on Spotify... Mention also that I lose sound when I'm using the Tv speakers, but no when I'm using my headphones. At first I though it was the HDMI cable I use, but still happens with two newer ones, so I don't think that's the issue.
I also thought of temperatures, but CPU doesn't go over 75ºC and GPU over 90ºC on max load.
So I wonder if the problem comes from the HDMI tv connector, which feels loose but should not give problems without moving / connecting and disconnecting. I tried moving a little bit the tabs to tighten the cable so it doesn't move around, but didn't work.
I don't think if it's related to this, but once a month or so I get a loop that the "USB device is not recognized", and also, everytime I plug in my steering wheel (Thrustmaster T300, via USB), same thing happens, screen goes black for a second to come back, but if I'm not wrong, happenned also with my last setup. With any other USB I don't have issues.
Any idea of what's going on?

Solution
I didn't ask for advice on buying a PSU
Don't completely rule out the psu... but put it on the backburner for now.

Are all of your motherboard's drivers up to date?
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450M-PRO-M2#down-driver

Windows updated?

Is this a fresh build? If not, were the old graphics drivers removed using Display Driver Uninstaller?
Afterwards, install the latest drivers for the RX 580.

Your steering wheel probably has limited support, and is causing a driver conflict with Windows.
If you can find the device in Device Manager, see if right-clicking and selecting Update Driver does anything. If nothing happens, see if Thrustmaster has Windows drivers available for this...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I didn't ask for advice on buying a PSU

Windows updated?

Is this a fresh build? If not, were the old graphics drivers removed using Display Driver Uninstaller?

Your steering wheel probably has limited support, and is causing a driver conflict with Windows.
If you can find the device in Device Manager, see if right-clicking and selecting Update Driver does anything. If nothing happens, see if Thrustmaster has Windows drivers available for this device.

Solution

berseker_96

Honorable
Nov 18, 2018

Windows updated?

If you can find the device in Device Manager, see if right-clicking and selecting Update Driver does anything. If nothing happens, see if Thrustmaster has Windows drivers available for this device.
I'm not leaving apart the psu thing, but it's not what I am looking for right now. If I finally a new one, any helo would be apreaciated.

W10 and Amd drivers have been updated today, although I didnt use DDU. Checking that out.

I had the last Thrustmaster drivers up to date. Anyway, reinstalling that as well to see if it helps.

I'm on to the things you said right now

berseker_96

Honorable
Nov 18, 2018
Update: I made a clean install of the GPU drivers with DDU. W10 is fully updated.
I couldn't install the AM4 RAID Driver on the MSI webpage, as it says "system configuration is not compatible for RAID drivers".

I won't be able to say if I'm still having these issue until tomorrow, as it's amost 5am already. I will update then, hopefully closing this.

berseker_96

Honorable
Nov 18, 2018
Hardware Acceleration is disabled in the browser?

No, it was enabled.

Edit: I'm running with it disabled to see how it works.

Edit 2: I've been running the computer for 4 straight hours and happenned twice or so.

Edit 3: Got update (two weeks late) of the last patch of W10 version 1903. Still the same. Read that disabling HDCP Support on Amd settings may solve the issue as it creates conflicto with HDMI ports. I disabled it only to find it's enabled again now for some reason when starting pc today again. Trying this to see if it sticks.

Last edited: