Screen recorder which won't lag games?

Kavster001

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
Hi,

I have not tried fraps but I hear it is a little demanding.

I would like it to record Titanfall on PC.

I have AMD A10 7850K Processor with R9 270X graphics which runs Titanfall at highest settings.
I also have 8Gb RAM

Anyone recommend a good low cpu, low lag chance, screen capture?

Solution
Mirillis Action, I personally use it, no FPS drops or anything bad.

The settings that I use:

File format : AVI
Video size : 720p (1080p is available)
Video framerate: 30 (Your FPS will be kept at 30 FPS when recording, unless you chose higher Video framerate)
Use Perfect Video Matche mode : Checked
Record systerm sounds : Checked

GlenicoNico

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
Mirillis Action, I personally use it, no FPS drops or anything bad.

The settings that I use:

File format : AVI
Video size : 720p (1080p is available)
Video framerate: 30 (Your FPS will be kept at 30 FPS when recording, unless you chose higher Video framerate)
Use Perfect Video Matche mode : Checked
Record systerm sounds : Checked

Solution

RobiePAX

Honorable
May 19, 2014
Dxtory is currently one of the best capture software for gaming. It costs the same price as Fraps, is very customizable (use Dxtory Codec or any free custom codecs), a lot of useful built in features and HDD benchmarks, ability to play at one resolution but scaling the video into different resolution in real time, not as demanding as Fraps, ability to record audio into separate audio tracks meaning you may accidentally record your microphone with too low volume in comparison to in-game audio but thanks to multi-audio tracks you can adjust volume of one without touching the one.

For the best Dxtory experience it's for the best to use Lagarith Lossless Video Codec in YV12 mode with Multi-Threading on to allow CPU to use multiple cores. If you'll get it and experience any issues then feel free to ask away.

Other known alternatives are Bandicam, Open Broadcaster Software, Fraps.