JamesJ

I just installed a video driver for my NVIDIA graphics card. The resolutions
I prefer that are available are 1280 x 960 or 1280x 1024. But, when I use
the
1280 x1024 I have problems that causes the system to crash on occasions.
Through experimentation I found the system seems more stable at
the 1280 x 960 res. The problem with that is the fonts on the desktop
aren't crisp. (It's hard to explain.) The upper edge of some text appears to
"blur" while some the bottom edge of the text appears to "blur", the rest of
the font seems ok. I corrected this while playing around with the software
that came with the driver but I don't remember what I did to fix it. After
fixing
it there was a noticeable difference. I was hoping someone can tell me what
aspect of the settings I should work with in order to fix this problem.

Thanks,
James

JamesJ

It's LCD. So, I might adjust the phase and pitch?

James

"jeffrey" <jeffrey@nospam.okinawa.com> wrote in message
> are you using a CRT or LCD display? Also are you connected by VGA or DVI
> cable to that display? With LCD you can adjust the phase and pitch from
> the monitors built-in display controls, but only if your using a VGA cable
> instead of the DVI.
>
> Jeff
>
> "JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_darwin.net> wrote in message
>>I just installed a video driver for my NVIDIA graphics card. The
>>resolutions
>> I prefer that are available are 1280 x 960 or 1280x 1024. But, when I use
>> the
>> 1280 x1024 I have problems that causes the system to crash on occasions.
>> Through experimentation I found the system seems more stable at
>> the 1280 x 960 res. The problem with that is the fonts on the desktop
>> aren't crisp. (It's hard to explain.) The upper edge of some text appears
>> "blur" while some the bottom edge of the text appears to "blur", the rest
>> of
>> the font seems ok. I corrected this while playing around with the
>> software
>> that came with the driver but I don't remember what I did to fix it.
>> After fixing
>> it there was a noticeable difference. I was hoping someone can tell me
>> what
>> aspect of the settings I should work with in order to fix this problem.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> James

Mikey

Hi,
LCD's: work best at native resolution==> Check brochure.
Also 4 LCD's: Use "Clear Type" in Fonts Settings (Smoothing).

> It's LCD. So, I might adjust the phase and pitch?
>
> James
>
> "jeffrey" <jeffrey@nospam.okinawa.com> wrote in message
>> are you using a CRT or LCD display? Also are you connected by VGA or DVI
>> cable to that display? With LCD you can adjust the phase and pitch from the
>> monitors built-in display controls, but only if your using a VGA cable
>> instead of the DVI.
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>> "JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_darwin.net> wrote in message
>>>I just installed a video driver for my NVIDIA graphics card. The resolutions
>>> I prefer that are available are 1280 x 960 or 1280x 1024. But, when I use
>>> the
>>> 1280 x1024 I have problems that causes the system to crash on occasions.
>>> Through experimentation I found the system seems more stable at
>>> the 1280 x 960 res. The problem with that is the fonts on the desktop
>>> aren't crisp. (It's hard to explain.) The upper edge of some text appears to
>>> "blur" while some the bottom edge of the text appears to "blur", the rest of
>>> the font seems ok. I corrected this while playing around with the software
>>> that came with the driver but I don't remember what I did to fix it. After
>>> fixing
>>> it there was a noticeable difference. I was hoping someone can tell me what
>>> aspect of the settings I should work with in order to fix this problem.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> James

JamesJ

Thanks much.