[SOLVED] Screen Saver & Password Screen No Longer Showing

Verdipro

Reputable
Jul 11, 2016
This has been happening for well over a year on windows 10 on my computer & am not sure how to resolve it. I used to have a blank screen saver load after 1 minute of inactivity, followed by you needing to type in the password to get back on the computer.

At some point a while ago, this stopped happening. It is all still activated, but the screen saver does not load. The only time it does load is the first time the minute passes after a computer restart. It will then give m the option to type in the password. But after that the screen saver never starts up again.

Any ideas on a way to fix this?

Solution
If the screen saver never activates then something is causing your computer to think it's in use. It could be a program, running in the background, a bit of dust on the optical sensor of your mouse, or even a faulty keyboard.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
I get the same behavior under preview. What happens when you apply it (change to 1 minute)? When I apply it (and wait 1 minute), the screen blanks. Moving the mouse brings up the Windows image background. Pressing enter brings up the login screen.

-Wolf sends

Verdipro

Reputable
Jul 11, 2016
I had the same issue with the screen saver not showing up. I also restarted my computer as well. I tried other screen savers too, but the screen saver still never activated.

Wolfshadw

Titan
If the screen saver never activates then something is causing your computer to think it's in use. It could be a program, running in the background, a bit of dust on the optical sensor of your mouse, or even a faulty keyboard.

-Wolf sends

Solution