Screen Saver settings

In the display settings, the screen saver tab has everything greyed out so
that you can not make chanegs to it. I have checked gpedit.msc and all
aspects involving the screen saver settings are set to "not configured". Is
there a place in the registry to lock out the SS settings? Am I missing
something here?

pmpott wrote:
> In the display settings, the screen saver tab has everything
> greyed out so that you can not make chanegs to it. I have
> checked gpedit.msc and all aspects involving the screen
> saver settings are set to "not configured". Is there a
> place in the registry to lock out the SS settings? Am I
> missing something here?

You might want to take a look at this article:

The problem usually results from this key:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop

Look for a value in the right hand pane named
NoChangingWallPaper set to 1.

You can also go to this web site and run the registry fix on
line 51, left hand side, ScreenSaver Enable/Disable:

Good luck

Nepatsfan

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:1163CD13-0C9C-4061-9E16-7C16FB055E9E@microsoft.com,
pmpott <pmpott@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> In the display settings, the screen saver tab has everything greyed
> out so that you can not make chanegs to it. I have checked
> gpedit.msc and all aspects involving the screen saver settings are
> set to "not configured". Is there a place in the registry to lock
> out the SS settings? Am I missing something here?

Line 142 on the right (not the underlined one):

Don't thank me if it works, thank Kelly when you see her.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

Nepatsfan wrote:
> pmpott wrote:
>> In the display settings, the screen saver tab has everything
>> greyed out so that you can not make chanegs to it. I have
>> checked gpedit.msc and all aspects involving the screen
>> saver settings are set to "not configured". Is there a
>> place in the registry to lock out the SS settings? Am I
>> missing something here?

Please disregard my earlier post. I don't know how wallpaper
worked it's way into that response.

You might want to take a look here:

http://www.theeldergeek.com/logon_screen_saver.htm

The script I gave from Kelly's web site was correct:
Line 51, left hand side, ScreenSaver Enable/Disable:

Sorry for the confusion

Nepatsfan

TRENDING THREADS