Screen Saver time out

samer

HI... can you tell me please how i can use group policy or my active
directory to disable the time out settings in the domain user's screen saver
tap.
i have windows 2000 advcanced server domain and all my domain users use
windows xp with sp1, i want to set the time for their screen savers without
forcing any screen saver, i think we can only fix the time in group policy if
we forced a screen saver which i don't want to do. my aim is to set the time
out only and forbid the users from changing it.
thanks for your help
samer

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:25:14 -0700, "Samer" <Samer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>HI... can you tell me please how i can use group policy or my active
>directory to disable the time out settings in the domain user's screen saver
>tap.
>i have windows 2000 advcanced server domain and all my domain users use
>windows xp with sp1, i want to set the time for their screen savers without
>forcing any screen saver, i think we can only fix the time in group policy if
>we forced a screen saver which i don't want to do. my aim is to set the time
>out only and forbid the users from changing it.
>thanks for your help
>samer

There is no way to do that.

You can reset it to your value in the logon script

See tip 9315 » How can I use a logon script to force users to configure any screen saver they wish?
in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.