[SOLVED] Screen seems pixeled or behind a plexiglass

ippocampo

Reputable
Nov 17, 2018
Hello ,
i have a little a little problem with the monitor/graphic card im not sure which one but the only thing changed in the system before this problem is the video card so... i suppose its it. My question is , have you ever found this problem before ?

5ICJbL3.jpg

But the funny thing is that this happen only when i leave the computer and the monitor goes in "stanby" or "sleep" and when i press to reactivate it its all pixeled, and if i try to shutdown the monitor and power on again it doesnt receive any signal and remain black , and i need to reboot the system. Last thing is this problem doesnt happen everytime , but sometims so it's also random, i bought the gpu less than 2 month ago so it's still in warranty i dont know if i need to change it or not.

If you need other info but i will try to give everything i can:

CPU : Intel Xeon E5-2609 v3 @ 1.90 Ghz

GPU : Gigabyte GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD
https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01K7I7M00/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

MONITOR : Fujitsu B23T-7 LED

Computer : CELSIUS M740 Power

Thanks everyone

Solution
You do not need to change anything else if switching off interlaced does the job. It was simply that setting being enabled.

Reinstalling your drivers at this point may take you back to a blinking/fuzzy screen for no reason, as I assume by the way you speak of the control panel that you wouldn't have been there in the past to change the setting *to* interlaced. DDU will destroy any changes made to the driver settings that you currently have, but I doubt you caused this. It was bad by default somehow.

A slightly malfunctioning display ID chip, or model variations of the same display can actually tell your PC that it *is* interlaced, requiring you to manually turn it off on each driver reset. I've seen this problem before and it's...

genz

Distinguished
Your GPU is rendering in interlaced mode by the looks of it. Switch off interlacing in your GPU settings.

Look for 1080i somewhere in Nvidia settings. 1080p is the appropriate setting to switch it for.

When interlacing is displayed on a non interlaced screen it looks like that, but as soon as your DVI is queried for it's resolution mode by either monitor logic or GPU it will try to switch the display to an interlaced mode. As you don't have an interlacing HDTV, your display says no-can-do and powers down. Does it solve itself by reconnecting the display cable?

fcpx_progressive_interlaced.jpg

^^ This a clearer image of what the p in 1080p means, vs the i. This picture is showing what they both look like on a progressive scan screen. It's the other way if you have an old interlacing HDTV without P support.

ippocampo

Reputable
Nov 17, 2018

genz

Distinguished
You do not need to change anything else if switching off interlaced does the job. It was simply that setting being enabled.

Reinstalling your drivers at this point may take you back to a blinking/fuzzy screen for no reason, as I assume by the way you speak of the control panel that you wouldn't have been there in the past to change the setting *to* interlaced. DDU will destroy any changes made to the driver settings that you currently have, but I doubt you caused this. It was bad by default somehow.

A slightly malfunctioning display ID chip, or model variations of the same display can actually tell your PC that it *is* interlaced, requiring you to manually turn it off on each driver reset. I've seen this problem before and it's possibly a sign of a $2 memory chip on the LCD failing and nothing major to the rest of the screen's health.

Either way I'm glad I could help. :)

Solution

ippocampo

Reputable
Nov 17, 2018

Nothing.. i uninstall the driver , unchecked the flag but now after "sospension" of the monitor ( because the computer never goes in sleep mode ) it remains black .. well at least it doesnt show vertical lines :D i will go on for another month .. the next month im going to buy a new setup Ryzen 2700x new moba new monitor etc.. so if the problem will persist again , its the videocard or maybe the drivers.. because the driver on gigabyte website are older than the ones on nvidia website, i will do also this test ,
Thanks a lot for your help