Screen seems to be too-sharp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2018
Hello,
First of all my specs about GPU
RX 580 4 GB with drivers Adrenalin Edition 18.10.1, Windows 10 Pro.

Ok. From the beggining I sorry for my English level, I'm not native speaker.

My problem is unusual, tho It happened to me 1 time in history. I don't remember how did I fix it.
I like to play CSGO, and this is the only game where I play in not native resolution (its 4:3). Recently, I've bought new card - as I said, it's RX 580. I uninstalled old drivers (from R9 card), and after plugging, Windows automatically installed Crimson 17.1 drivers. Then I updated these drivers to the newest, now it's 18.10.1. Here story begins.
When I enter game on my fave 4:3 resolution, screen looks to sharp, like I would set some filter in Photoshop too much. It's looking so much not natural, ends of some "things" (literally everything, from player models, crosshair, ending on text, whole screen) are too sharp, contrasted, there is like little black 1 pixel of outline. It's most visible on dark areas. It's hard to describe in other words... I would give you photo, but its not visible from phone photo, but when i look at monitor it looks so much unnatural. Best describe is - it looks like with a Sharpen filter from Photoshop, but used 2 times too much.

I tried PC format. After this, (as i said before) Windows automatically installs old drivers Crimson. I uninstall them with DDU, but I think it doesn't completely and new drivers with these old are just mixing and screen is f*cking up.

Sorry for so long text, but it's important for me...

Thank you in advance.

Oct 12, 2018
It didn't work.

Here I did quick example, how does it look on my screen.
https://imgur.com/a/eI2Fw0k

As you can see, the image of Elon isn't in the best quality (same as my 4:3 resolution while playing, and its completely normal, cuz its 4:3). But 2nd image is with 'sharpen' filter, as you can see, pixels are more visible, around some things like microphone you see black outline. I have same on my screen, maybe not that much, but its still visible.

Another argument that drivers might be problem, is that my Radeon Overlay isn't working - I see cursor popping up, but the overlay isn't showing up.

Oct 12, 2018
Update.

18.3.1 drivers are the latest that works. But I don't want to use them because GPU scalling isn't working properly + I don't see few resolutions in settings.
Whenever I go to a higher driver, this filter goes on.
What can be the reason?
Before changing my GPU everything was working, and i'm almost 100% sure, that I had 18.5.1 drivers and it was good. Only thing that changed is Windows (from 1803 version + Home, now im 1809 + Pro) and of course my GPU. Previous were R9 270, now RX 580. I formated after changing.

Thoughts?

Oct 12, 2018
Day 2912. I become even more upset because of this drivers problem.
18.3.4 version - everything works very well.
18.10.1 version - screen on lower resolutions than 1920x1080 have this:

https://imgur.com/a/IkJCL2q

In example, around green crosshair you can see this shady border (or around text in console).
Around for example HP level, pixels are very visible. Before it was more blurried, like it should be in 4:3 resolution.

Windows 10 Pro 1809 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.