Screen Shifted. (not a problem in monitor, I have Linux Ubuntu no problem in that but in win).

Abhas_123

Prominent
May 20, 2017
I have a Windows 7 32 bit. I have a graphics card updated about a year ago. I was playing a game in my PC. Suddenly, i pressed Windows button on the keyboard. My whole windows screen was shifted to left (half inches). the start button on the left is not visible and the left side is black. I don't have any shifting buttons on monitor nor anything like that. But, the BIOS screen works fine and the Safe Mode too. I tried to change resolutions of the PC but it, did't worked. I tried to rotate screen but nothing worked. Is there any calibration software to fix this? I tried Windows Restore Utility but it too did't worked. Thanks from advance.

Solution
See if the monitor manufacture has what you need. If its an asus got to asus site for and look up the montor. They should have downloads for the device such as manual driver, configs, and or utilitys.
Depending on your video card just open your video's control panel. Shift it to fit your screen. You can also try these if you us AMD cards for more fine tunning.
306877d1486609708t-change-move-screen-position-capture90.png

306878d1486609708t-change-move-screen-position-capture91.png

Abhas_123

Prominent
May 20, 2017

I have a Intel Processor and Intel(R) Graphics card but, I found no option there............

On Intel in the 'Screen' settings on the Bravia, there is an option called 'Auto Display Area' – it was previously set to 'On'. Turning this off and changing the next option 'Display Area' to 'Full Pixel' made the desktop actually fit the screen.

Also lots of drivers depend on have your screens exact model. Make sure yours is identified and if not look for drivers.

Abhas_123

Prominent
May 20, 2017

Damn did't worked. I uninstalled Graphic Card Driver and removed it. Still same.

Abhas_123

Prominent
May 20, 2017

Yea, Generic PnP Monitor. Then what to do? Now, I don't have any graphic cards.