Question Screen stutter when other displays are connected but not on ?

Zellris

Honorable
May 19, 2016
Hi i am running into a weird issue with stuttering when i use my tv with my pc.

I have a LG 65" 4K C1 OLED that i sometimes use with my pc but primarily i use a 3x1080p monitor setup with a mix of old/new monitors.

When i connect to the TV i disable the other screens in windows display settings.

The strange thing is that i get a weird stutter on my tv regardless of what i do moving the mouse cursor across the screen, Watching youtube videos, playing games etc.

I tried disabling G-Sync on my TV but that did not help

i noticed when i was checking my Windows display settings that it was constantly refreshing and swtiching between my tv or my samsung 27AG324 monitor. i disconnected all my monitors and that resolved the issue. so seems some signal is sent to my GPU by one of the disabled montors that is causing these stutters.

so i have found a workaround but i would like to find a permanent solution that does not involve me disconnecting the display cables for my monitors everytime i use the tv.

so my current setup is:
DP: Samsung 27" 27AG324 (Primary)
DP: Acer 24" XB240HA (Vertical Secondary)
HDMI: Acer 24" G246HL (Secondary)
HDMI: LG 65" C1 OLED

And my PC specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 3800X
GPU: Asus TUF RTX 3080 10 Gb VRAM
RAM GSkill 32 gb 3200 Mhz

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you add a video to help illustrate what you're seeing in terms of a flicker(and how it happens after the other panels are disabled)? With regards to your setup, why do you need to disable the other panels when on the TV?

Your specs are incomplete. Please list them like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

Have you tried using DDU on your platform to remove all GPU drivers then manually reinstalling the latest driver from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?