Question Screen Stuttering/Tearing Problem, Need Help

Jun 4, 2021
Hello all, hope you guys are having a great day. So I recently stumbled upon this problem, and it's rather a weird one for me and the first time I've ever encountered it. Whenever I boot up my computer and load my game, screen tears/stuttering happen (https://streamable.com/rxvo6j clip here, sorry for the low quality). I've tried rolling my drivers back, but it doesn't work. Oddly enough though, whenever I open another game, and return back to the game I want to play, the problem goes away. Though whenever I shut down my pc and turn it on again, it comes back. Just want to add that I am using an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-43-R2WK, and my GPU is a GTX 1650. Any idea what could cause this and what possible fix there is? Thank you!

EDIT: Forgot to add that the problem goes away when I leave my PC open for quite a while, but the problem goes back just as I reboot my pc, and the cycle continues.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on? You should also check and see what OS version you're on. Ideally you should be on version 21H1. As for the drivers, how did you roll back your drivers? You're advised to use DDU to uninstall and reboot, reinstalling with the latest drivers, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Reactions: repiru
Jun 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on? You should also check and see what OS version you're on. Ideally you should be on version 21H1. As for the drivers, how did you roll back your drivers? You're advised to use DDU to uninstall and reboot, reinstalling with the latest drivers, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
Hey there! I just recently updated my windows to 21H1 and recently updated my BIOS to the latest version as well. The screen tearing seemed to reduce a bit, but it really still does happen whenever I reach low fps values (<25fps). No stutters whatsoever when my fps is higher than that though. The screen tear only happens at the bottom part of the screen and it flickers what the top part of the screen is showing (see here: https://streamable.com/85eni4 )