Screen suggestions 30-40in monitor/tv under $1,500

GrandMasterK

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
Main use is for graphics design and editing. alternatively I am an occasional gamer. And I will be watching blu-rays and hooking up my cable box to it.

I would prefer to wall mount it but it isn't a requirement. I would like to have higher than 1920x1080 resolution as this thing will only be 2-3ft away from me, but it isn't a requirement. Has to have at least 1 HDMI input. no sound required as i always run audio through a receiver.

The main source will be my macbook pro.

Thank you so much!

EDIT: I'm also interested if the top end 27-30" monitors have a better picture than a 32" samsung 6500 series.

GrandMasterK

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
My problem with local stores is its hard to find alot of recent models. I went to best buy, hhgregg, tigerdirect, a few small stores. They'll never have the best. Best Buy seems to purposely hold lower monitors to favor the stupid apple thunderbolt display. tigerdirect and hhgregg only carry the best models at larger screen sizes and the small stores are just random. a 32' samsung 6500 series exists. but the best ive seen in a store was a 6300. Not a huge difference but still. STILL!

GrandMasterK

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
I've seen the 4k Seiki 50" at tigerdirect. Pretty sure it was a 1080p source demo playing, but I'd give the picture quality a 7/10 compared to whats out there. Definitely not good enough.