Question screen tearing (144hz monitor gsync) please help!

May 6, 2020
PC:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600x 6-core, 12-thread processor 3.8GHz base, 4.4GHz turbo

Nvidia Gigabyte Geforce Gtx 1080 Ti Gaming Oc 11GB, 600W 80 plus rated power supply

CORSAIR VENGEANCE 2x8GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB SATA III Hard Drive, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming ATX Motherboard

Corsair Hydro 100i RGB Platinum, Hydro Series

Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 144Hz + AOC 24G2U 144Hz IPS

Hello,

So the whole situation is, I’m having a screen tearing issue. As you can see from my specs I have a decent rig, I’ve been having screen tearing issues ever since I reset my pc. I never used to have screen tearing issues and I know exactly how gsync works. Right now if I cap my FPS to 144 (my monitors refresh rate) I get even worse/ noticeable screen tearing. Like I said. I never used to have this issue, even with uncapped I didn’t get screen tearing. Now I just do. It’s so annoying I’ve been trying to figure it out the past 5 days and I’m so tired of it. What bothers me is that knowing my pc used to be fine and now I’m having this issue. And please don’t tell me to cap my FPS to 138 or play with vsync or even tell me how gsync works because believe me guys, I already know. What kind of fixes the issue is putting vsync on in global settings but I never used to need to do that, right now that’s what I’ve done and for most of the games I’ve tested to see if I have screen tearing , I don’t apart from one game League of Legends. I just want to know or get advice on what could’ve possibly gone wrong or maybe I might be missing certain drivers or something like that, I am not a pc expert and I really need help troubleshooting this issue. What can i do to fix this. Sorry if I sound quite rude but I’m just tired and I want to find a solution to this. Is there a setting I should have on or something, I just need help guys as this is very frustrating. Again sorry if I sound rude.

Also I had a 1080 and recently upgraded to a 1080 ti, I was having this issue with my 1080 as well. (After I reset my pc)

also i should add im on windows 10 pro 1909

beers

Distinguished
BANNED
Oct 4, 2012