[SOLVED] Screen-tearing and choppy/blurry gameplay at high FPS ?

Aug 9, 2021
I have an asus vs238
and a rx570 msi gaming x 4gb
i have massive screen tearing and the game feels really bad. I'm probably gonna get a new monitor soon but is there any fix for this?
I've tried everything (vsync works but the input delay is unplayable so dont suggest it). Is there any chance it could be my cables or something?

Solution
You're just seeing the effects of when a frame being rendered doesn't line up with the monitors refresh window. As you noted, vsync solves the tearing issue but causes input delay as a result. This is exactly why Variable Refresh Rate monitors is the new big push, since they cleanly solve the issue. Other then that, there's very little you can do to address the issue. Setting a FPS cap could potentially help, but outside of that you have few options.
You're just seeing the effects of when a frame being rendered doesn't line up with the monitors refresh window. As you noted, vsync solves the tearing issue but causes input delay as a result. This is exactly why Variable Refresh Rate monitors is the new big push, since they cleanly solve the issue. Other then that, there's very little you can do to address the issue. Setting a FPS cap could potentially help, but outside of that you have few options.

Solution