[SOLVED] Screen Tearing and other Graphics problems

Atyen

Honorable
Apr 5, 2015
Problem 1:
I have been noticing a lot of screen tearing lately. I don't know if it was there before, but recently I see it everywhere. In games, YouTube videos. The most I experience it in is Geometry Dash. (Both with Vsync on and off) Its really annoying.

Problem 2:
I had GTA 5 on Social Club and used to play it at around High settings and I got around 60 FPS(Even upto 100 inside houses). I recently bought it on Steam and now when I play it, I get only around 40 FPS(Same settings). And sometimes frames jump upto 50 to 60 FPS and back to 40.(In the same area), and never over 60 FPS(Vsync is off though). I changed the resolution to 800x600. And still 40 FPS. I don't know why this is happening.

My specs:
i3 4160
8 GB RAM
GTX 1050 Ti
60 Hz monitor

Happy New Year!!

Solution
Okay, its fixed now. :p
In the NVIDIA Control Panel, under 3D settings, in Adjust image settings with preview, I selected 'Let the 3D application decide' instead of 'Use the advanced 3D image settings.'
There's no screen tearing now, and I'm getting higher frames in GTA.

jay.wooster

Prominent
Sep 27, 2018
Sounds like your GPU may be fried. Double check the refresh rate set in Nvidia Control Panel is still set at 60Hz and hasnt auto adjusted down to 24Hz via another screen or application (happens from time to time). If you confirm that the refresh rate is still at 60Hz ensure G-Sync is off (presuming your monitor is not G-Sync capable from your comments).

If you confirm the above two points then you will need to tery the card in another PC to see if the issue persists. ,ight seem like a hassle but it's a qwuick way of determining if the GPU is at fault or if it could be another component....Can you include your Motherboard make and model in the response....

Atyen

Honorable
Apr 5, 2015
Thanks for the reply.

The refresh rate is set at 60 Hz.
The graphics card by the way is just 5 months old.
My monitor is not G-Sync capable.
My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H.

Atyen

Honorable
Apr 5, 2015
Okay, its fixed now. :p
In the NVIDIA Control Panel, under 3D settings, in Adjust image settings with preview, I selected 'Let the 3D application decide' instead of 'Use the advanced 3D image settings.'
There's no screen tearing now, and I'm getting higher frames in GTA.

Solution