Question Screen Tearing/flickering on 1080p @ 144HZ ?

Roido

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
So basically, I assembled my desktop last december 2020 and it never had any problems whatsoever.
Come december 2021, the bottom side of my screen flickers or has this tearing every now and then, I didn't think much of it until it worsens. I did all kinds of "troubleshooting" I can think of such as uninstalling the graphics software to going back to the old softwares of amd gpu to actually doing a fresh reformat.

idk what's happening so I was just playing around the refresh rate and I didn't come to mind that changing it from 144hz to 120hz would fix it. But here's the thing, I bought my stuff so I can enjoy the full 144hz refresh rate right. So I tried using the HDMI cable that came with either the monitor or th gpu, i forget. prolly the monitor and it works with 144hz but still I get a little bit of tear on the bottom part every now and then, sometimes it gets worse but not as bad as the one I had before when I was using a DP cable. So I thought it was a faulty cable right, so I bought a new one, and tried it today and well, the results are the same. I want to test my gpu or monitor on something else but this is all I have right now sadly.

Does anyone know what's going on? Or someone experienced the same thing? Thank you!

ASUS VG248QE 24" Full HD 1920x1080 144Hz 1ms HDMI Gaming Monitor

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 8-core processor

ASUS TUF Gaming x570-Plus (WI-FI)

DDR4 16GB 3600MHz RAM

AORUS Radeon™ RX 5700 XT 8G

This is what it looks like if I use my DP 1.2 on 144hz

EDIT: I get the same thing as the screenshot above with HDMI as well when I placed it on sleep mode and came back. Only when I used 120Hz refresh rate does none of it occur. My thoughts are, why is this happening now when I bought it and few months later until a year, nothing like this happened.

Last edited: