[SOLVED] Screen Tearing help

mbrandon

Reputable
Mar 6, 2016
Hey everyone!

Firstly I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, let me know if I need to move :)

So, I know this is an old and common question, and lots of info out on the interweb, which I have taken a look at, but I kind of feel like I don't know what to do anymore haha.

So, the setup is a gtx 1080, i5 8600k (Stock), 620w Seasonic PSU, 16gb ram hooked up to an old Samsung 59hz 1080p monitor that I got years ago.

The problem is I'm getting screen tearing (Warzone as an example). I guess my CPU is a bottleneck? I don't know, but limiting the frame rate in game does not work, the only thing that works is v-sync, which I would like to keep off. settings are maxed basically, any ideas on what I could do please?

thanks!

Solution
Not sure how much it might help but I also have an old 59(60)hz 1080p Samsung monitor and with a few quick clicks in the Nvidia control panel I setup a custom refresh rate of 75hz. Not all monitors will overclock, but from what I've read there's no real harm or long term issues in trying. There are plenty of tutorials on monitor overclocking on youtube to aid you.

bfollett

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2005
Not sure how much it might help but I also have an old 59(60)hz 1080p Samsung monitor and with a few quick clicks in the Nvidia control panel I setup a custom refresh rate of 75hz. Not all monitors will overclock, but from what I've read there's no real harm or long term issues in trying. There are plenty of tutorials on monitor overclocking on youtube to aid you.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS