Screen tearing issue , V-SYNC ?

Buckzz

Reputable
May 22, 2014
Hi I play a lot of CSGO and at the moment I only have a 60hz Monitor I get a lot of screen tearing and I was told to put V-Sync on adaptive in the Nvidia control panel this works great makes the game very smooth and runs really well but the really big issue is the input delay on the mouse when VSYNC is turned on it is very noticeable and I can't play with it. I was told to change in console " FPS_MAX 59.9 " to stop the mouse delay / lag and that does indeed work but when I do that the screen tearing comes back ! I can't win it seems can anyone help me at all ? Thanks.

SPECS -
Processor - intel(R) core(TM) i5--2500k CPU @ 3.3GHz 3.30 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM) - 8.00GB
64 Bit Operating System - Windows 7 Ultimate
System Man - MSI
Model - MSI-768

Graphics Card -
Nvidia GTX 750ti
Chip type - Geforce GTX 750ti
DAC TYPE - Intergrated RAMDAC

Solution
The problem is that most FPS caps disable V-sync with Nvidia drivers. This is a more recent issue. It started happening a few months back, maybe a bit over a year.

I've heard that Dxtory works for your FPS cap needs and does not disable v-sync with Nvidia.
The problem is that most FPS caps disable V-sync with Nvidia drivers. This is a more recent issue. It started happening a few months back, maybe a bit over a year.

I've heard that Dxtory works for your FPS cap needs and does not disable v-sync with Nvidia.

Solution

lfkfkfkffs

Admirable
Did you check to see if the game has an option called reduce input lag? You also should set max fps in game, set up an fps target of 60 with the EVGA precision X tool which you don't need an EVGA card for but you still can use it. This should fix it

All the rivatuner based tools, like EVGA PrecisionX and MSI Afterburner, do not work with Nvidia V-sync. At least this is what I keep hearing from people. V-sync gets disabled if you use their FPS cap. It didn't work for me either, from what I remember.

Dxtory does work, from reports I've seen.

Buckzz

Reputable
May 22, 2014

I thought Dxtory was working but after a few minutes it started screen tearing again any ideas ??

Well, that is unfortunate. You could try Nvidia Inspector. That is a tool that lets you set all sorts of settings in the Nvidia profile, more than what is normally exposed from the normal Nvidia control panel. If that doesn't work, I'd just search for FPS cap programs and try them all.