Screen tearing on 1050 ti

Bored_Gamer

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2013
I am getting screen tearing even with vsync on while in game. Did a clean install of the latest drivers and triple buffering + adaptive vsync is turned on as well. Limited frame rate to 75 with riva tuner. I have a 75mhz monitor and refresh rate is set to 75mhz in windows settings. I did everything and I still get screen tearing on Castlevania Lords of Shadows 2

Solution
Ok my suggestion was without FreeSync. If your monitor have FreeSync, there there is no need for additional buffering like Triple buffering. I have a Nvidia card and thats all I can help with. Very important (on Nvidia side) is to set Adaptive sync outside of the game in the drivers setting. Your monitor should only work with freesync if you enable it in driver settings and disable any sort of v-Sync ingame. And if your monitor uses freesync, it should be free from tearing.
Disclaimer: This is my experience with Nvidia cards and my hope is that it works the same in AMD cards. Good luck.

Bored_Gamer

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2013

Thanks for the reply. My monitor has FreeSync and I shall try your suggestion as soon as I get home.

turbopixel

Reputable
May 18, 2015
Ok my suggestion was without FreeSync. If your monitor have FreeSync, there there is no need for additional buffering like Triple buffering. I have a Nvidia card and thats all I can help with. Very important (on Nvidia side) is to set Adaptive sync outside of the game in the drivers setting. Your monitor should only work with freesync if you enable it in driver settings and disable any sort of v-Sync ingame. And if your monitor uses freesync, it should be free from tearing.
Disclaimer: This is my experience with Nvidia cards and my hope is that it works the same in AMD cards. Good luck.

Solution