Question Screen Tearing on GeForce 1650|i7 4.2ghz KabyLake|16gb RAM

djak24k

Honorable
Dec 28, 2014
I mainly play CS:GO. I have a 60hz Asus Ve228 monitor.
I've played around with V-Sync And right now I have it on "Fast" setting in the GeForce Control Panel but still experience some tearing when moving the mouse horizontally. I'm not sure if this is actual tearing but it's like some sections of the map lag behind for a brief millisecond when using quick mouse movements...so it looks like it is what screen tearing is described as although minimal in comparison but enough to notice.

It's very playable but it pisses me off, this is a good computer that can run over 100 plugins for audio production, and getting 180-240 fps in game. Is my monitor the limiting factor?

Even setting fps_max (in game console) to 30, 60, 120, 240 in game didn't seem to do anything. Hopefully with the correct possible settings I can fix this... Thanks!

Edit: On second thought, this may not even be screen tearing. But I'm not sure. I went in and took screenshots while moving the mouse rapidly and now I don't see it. Perhaps what I'm seeing is just my monitor not giving me a higher framerate?

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS