[SOLVED] Screen tearing only in full screen videos

mikewhatever

Reputable
Apr 6, 2020
I installed a new SSD, 2tb samsung QVO and it's my new boot drive. Everything is working fine except for full screen videos when i get a lot of tearing. No probs in games, no probs windowed videos, just full screen videos tearing.

I've updated drivers. Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. Windows says it's up to date.

I'm using windows 10 home, gtx 1070 8gb and a QHD gysnc monitor. I had no issues until the new drive was installed along with the new windows 10 installation so if anybody could help i'd appreciate it. Thank you.

Solution
Finally had a proper look at the problem and for some reason even with all drivers updated windows had defaulted to using my monitor at 59hz after the new windows install. Now it's set to 144hz gysnc is working fine. Just posting this in case anybody else is a bit of a newbie like me.

mikewhatever

Reputable
Apr 6, 2020
Finally had a proper look at the problem and for some reason even with all drivers updated windows had defaulted to using my monitor at 59hz after the new windows install. Now it's set to 144hz gysnc is working fine. Just posting this in case anybody else is a bit of a newbie like me.

Solution