dcb949

Commendable
Nov 25, 2018
So i play csgo primarily. 100% pretty much so i don't need much of a pc. but i have it and normally i dont have this issue..
Whenever I'm in game my fps seems to be fine and everything, even when i use my move keys w,a,s,d there is no tearing in the walls... but when i move and then move my mouse the tearing begins... I reformatted this morning because of this issue and it still hasn't been fixed. im running outa my options and need some of your guys.

doesnt seem to matter if i change my graphics driver versions... ive tried a few... new and old.. i just dont think it has anything to do with my gpu or cpu.. i think its like a monitor refresh rate/ingame fps synchronization program. I cant turn on Vsync in csgo because it causes major latency issues that you just cant have in competitive play. So any suggestions would be awesome..

here are my specs:

Manufacture: Myself
Case: Thermaltake Commander G41
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC Mate
CPU: Intel i7-4790K (OC @ 4.4GHz)
GPU: GeForce GTX 970
Memory: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series
PSU: EVGA SuperNova G3 750w
Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H60 & 6x Corsair 120mm Fans
SSD1: Kingston 120GB SSD (OS SSD)
SSD2: Crucial 240GB (Steam SSD)
HD: Asus 1TB Black (Storage HD)

oh and a 144hz monitor btw..

Solution
Hmm try this for me. Turn Vsync on in NvidiaCP or application control and use game's Vsync. Try both but cap frame rate to 143. Extra frame acts as a phantom buffer and shouldn't feel input lag. Used to do this on 60Hz monitor and it felt pretty good. Im sensitive to input lag as well, being former competitive CS and Tfc player back in the day.

See how you go.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm try this for me. Turn Vsync on in NvidiaCP or application control and use game's Vsync. Try both but cap frame rate to 143. Extra frame acts as a phantom buffer and shouldn't feel input lag. Used to do this on 60Hz monitor and it felt pretty good. Im sensitive to input lag as well, being former competitive CS and Tfc player back in the day.

See how you go.

Solution

dcb949

Commendable
Nov 25, 2018

See how you go.
So, I normally get around 250-300 fps in a 5v5 comp game with no tearing... and vsync screws with you latency in csgo and i just cant do that... vsync big nono in csgo.. I just need to fix this... It never did this before...there has to be something

dcb949

Commendable
Nov 25, 2018
W
I don't know. Possibly csgo update or config or setting in monitor has been changed relating to visual processing.

Try as i suggested, cap 1 frame below refresh and you shouldn't feel the effects of vsync.
What do yioiu mean it could be because of my monitor relating to visualk proccessing? i fee like thats what it is... like some kinda of refresh rate problem or mouse input problem set timer res problem... i dunno its somewhere in there

dcb949

Commendable
Nov 25, 2018
Monitors usually have additional settings in it's menus. Have a look.

Do try the -1 fps under cap with vsync on. Regardless if you never had to do that before, id like to see what you think.

Do try the -1 fps under cap with vsync on. Regardless if you never had to do that before, id like to see what you think.

Its not really what im going for, but i will give it a try because im curious.. maybe itll help me discover something else.. ill get back

dcb949

Commendable
Nov 25, 2018
Its not really what im going for, but i will give it a try because im curious.. maybe itll help me discover something else.. ill get back

I am so incredibly oblivious sometimes..... mouse polling rate was at 125 not 1000............ problem fixed.